Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cancer Journey - Oct. 25, 2013

I WOD in the morning and once again it feels good to push myself physically.

There's a small gift on my desk when I get to the office... it's a blank journal from Diane.  Looks like other folks think it's a good idea to chronicle this.

I walk with Jeff and feel close to tears.  Must be another ladybug nearby.  We agree to meet at Kulshan Brewery after my appt.

Kaufman runs 90 minutes behind schedule... But, he then spends 90 minutes with Neil and I.  He is kind, thorough, and a teacher at heart.  I find out that my cancer is a hard one to detect, so it's no wonder that it got missed on my last mammogram.  Think of ivy growing on a picket fence.  Instead of growing as it's own object, it instead grows on existing structures.  So it just appeared as a thicker structure instead of something new.

I'm mentally drained by the time I leave, so meeting up with friends for a beer is a welcome distraction.  We head to Kulshan and meet up with Jeff.  Mike Hampton is there and so is Drew and his wife, Rachel with their new little girl. I do fine until I try to tell Drew and Rachel what's going on and then I choke up.  I just can't say the words, "I have cancer".  So I make Jeff tell them instead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment