Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cancer Journey - Nov. 19, 2013

This was quite the day.  I knew something was up when Neil mentioned at dinner last night that the only time he could squeeze in a WOD was at 5:30am.  Uh huh.  And Hell just froze over.  :-)
Sure enough, when we arrived at CFX, I see pink streamers and pink balloons in the doorway.  As I walk in, I see the pull up bar apparatus wrapped in pink streamers, there is pink wrap around a barbell, pink balloons by the dumb bells and everyone that walks in is wearing pink.  And the people!  26 showed up for "Operation Pink WOD".  Unbelievable.  Shasonta was there and so was Alycia.  Aaron Lunde came wearing black tights and his sister-in-law's hot pink shorts... Jeff Kahn wore one of Heather's pink tank tops.  Bri had made a shirt that said "WODing for Michele".  To say the least, I was overwhelmed, humbled and oh so grateful.

When I got to work, my department was once again dressed in pink.

When I left for the day, Cathy presented me with cards and gift cards from folks all over the building.  Wow.  By the time I go to bed, I am literally on a high of good energy and prayer.  I  know I have this thing beat and I fall asleep thinking that with surgery, some recovery time, and a bit of radiation treatment, I'll be done.  Cancer?  Check.  Done.
 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment