Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cancer Journey - Nov. 20, 2013

Surgery day.  Neil gets me to the surgery center by 7am.  I get checked in and I'm ready to go.  The nurse walks me into the OR and I'm told to lay down.  A nurse starts to prep my right side and Dr. Kaufman says hello and asks how I'm doing?  I say I'm fine, but the better question is how are you doing?  He laughs and that's the last thing I remember...

I'm awakened by a nurse in the recovery area.  It's all over.  Neil arrives and in just under an hour, I'm good enough to go home.  Nothing really hurts, but all I want to do is sleep.  And I do!  I set up camp in the guest room and Murphy leaps into bed with me.  Mambo and Mocha are on the floor at my my side.  Nothing like a bit of 'dog therapy' to help with the healing.

Neil has a yacht club thing to go to in the evening, so Michele comes over to keep me company.  My head still feels 'foggy' but I enjoy the visit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment