Sunday, December 1, 2013

Cancer Journey - Nov. 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

On the surface, it's hard to think I'd be thankful for very much right now... But once I scrape off all the crap that's risen to the top, it's actually not that hard. Family and friends abound - I have a fabulous husband - I have a very understanding and compassionate employer - and (may as we'll be practical) I have very good health insurance!

The day starts at 5am as we load up the Durango with food and dogs and are on the road by 6.  We have a ferry to catch and many miles to travel.  We arrive at Lissa's place on Dabob Bay just after 10 and we are the first to arrive!

The rest of the family begins to gather, Steve and Judy arrive and soon there is a feast to be had!  I receive many hugs and votes of support... If nothing else, I will never be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment