Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cancer Journey - Oct. 16, 2013

Dr. Bob (Curtis) has a shoulder clinic at CrossFitX in the evening so I don't hear my phone ring.  I try to focus on what Dr. Bob is saying, but my mind is definitely elsewhere.
Jana leaves me a voicemail around 7pm.  The result is positive.  "An intraductal carcenoma"  I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be -- or maybe I'm just numb.  But I had set myself up for the worst and here it is.  Okay, so let's beat this!
Thankfully, Neil is home so we can experience the initial shock together.  I do shed a couple tears, but I'm actually quite calm.  I have no doubt I'll beat this.  Boobs... Who needs them?  Take em!  Hair grows back, so I'm okay with that if that's what lies ahead.  Mostly it's just fear of the unknown right now.  Oh, and how the hell do I tell my mother?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment