Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Same blog - new title

Since this whole blog thing is rather new to me, it took me a little bit to figure out the settings and to come up with (what I hope) is a better title.  Something a bit more... me.  Introducing 'a garufa's journey'.  'Garufa' is a word I learned from my husband, Neil.  I think it really means 'rapscalian' but it also implies 'little hobo' or 'little wanderer'.  Originally, it was a name given to a stray dog he found many years ago and now it's the name of our boat and our home ("Casa Garufa").  I think there's a bit of 'garufa' in all of us really.  We are all wanderers... searching for the right path in life - finding a dead end here; a bridge over there; some folks find the freeways; and others meander along an old country road.  Whatever your preference - or lot in life - it's all a journey.  A garufa's journey.

2 comments: