Thursday, December 27, 2012

A new year ahead... Time to set some goals

I've been pretty remiss in my postings of late.  Amazing how busy life can get!  And suddenly it's the end of 2012 and 2013 is looming in the not-so-distant future.  WOW!  I've never been very good at resolutions, so this year I'm going to try putting some goals out there instead.
A Garufa's Goals for 2013
  • Practice random acts of kindness
  • Cook more (can't let Neil have all the fun!)
  • Paleo!
  • Get to CrossFit 4x (or more) a week
    • 10 unbroken double unders!
    • An unassisted pull up!
    • A handstand push up!
  • Ride 50 miles in the Chuckanut Century (Sept. 15)
  • Participate in the Run Like a Girl 1/2 marathon (Oct. 15)
I am posting these to help keep myself accountable and to encourage anyone that may read this to keep me accountable as well.  I am ditching the usual 'start a diet' 'eat better' 'lose X amount of pounds' stuff and instead want to focus on giving back and being as healthy as I can be.

So here's to a New Year -- may we all be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I feel inspired now to set some goals too. However, none of mine will involve a pull up or handstand push up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can doooooooo it! :-) Love these goals....will be have a Run Like a Girl CrossFit team maybe? :-)

    ReplyDelete